Terms and conditions
Do not exceed the number of people registered. Be considerate to your neighbors, avoiding loudness and noise particularly between 9 pm and 8 am. Surroundings are quiet and peaceful and we would like to stay that way!
Check-in is 4:00 pm or later. Your chalet will not been cleaned up or available before this check-in time. The code lock associated with your reservation cannot be used before 16:00 the day of your arrival.
Checkout is 11:00 am. Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate late checkouts. Check-in and checkout times are strictly enforced so that we can make sure that each chalet is ready for our incoming guests. Late same-day checkouts will result in a $100 fee for each guest overstay without permission.
Before checking-out, please :
- Please place all garbage in the green municipal container and all recycling in the blue recycling container
- Please check that all windows and doors are closed and latched
- Please run the dishwasher
- Please put all bed sheets and towels on the floor
- Please lower heating to 18°
- Make sure that the cover of the spa is back in place and the temperature is set for 98 degrees
- Make sure that the fireplace’s door is closed and vent is set to maximum (knob turned completely to left)
If an exhaustive cleaning is required due to a non- adherence to rules, an amount of 150$ will be charged to the credit card on file.
It is your responsibility to replenish supplies for the duration of your stay.
However, HOM offers a fully furnished experience:
- Fridge, stove, microwave, dishwasher, washer/dryer, cooking, BBQ, and dining hardware.
A starter kit has been prepared for your first night stay:
- Fresh linens (bed and bath)
- Toilet paper (3 rolls)
- Dishwasher and laundry soap pods
- Matches and paper for fireplace (you can buy fire logs on HOM website when booking. Fire logs will be into the cottage on your arrival)
- Olive oil, salt and paper
- Coffee machine (filter coffee – bring your favorite coffee!)
Please help us save energy by turning off lights when leaving your chalet. In addition, please use heating only with the door and windows closed. Thank you for lowering the heating to 18° when leaving the chalet.
Pets are not allowed.
Please note that this is a non-smoking property. According to the Tobacco Act (T-0.01), a fine of up to $500.00 can be incurred. Our inspection team will assess the chalet after you departure. Any damages due to smoking indoors will be at the renter’s cost.
Each chalet has parking for one car only.
Your vehicle must be parked only in the assigned spots at all times during your stay.
All illegally parked vehicles will be towed at your expense.
Do not throw the following items into toilet or sink:
- Sanitary items (tampons, pads). Please dispose in garbage
Furniture and appliances
Please DO NOT move our furniture or appliances. If you move furniture or appliances, you will be charged additional fees. You are responsible for all damages that result from moving furniture.
- To open the fireplace vent, turn knob left to open fully and right to open slightly.
- Keep door of fireplace closed at all times
- Do not place wet items to dry on fireplace and/or on fireplace floor plaque. This will cause items to burn and metal to rust.
- No camp fires are permitted outside
- Do not cut any trees down on the property
- In case of fire, call 911 immediately
- Use the spa at your own risk
- Keep children under constant supervision
- Take a shower before and after the use of the spa
- Do not enter the spa if you have massage oil or sunscreen on your body
- Do not enter the chalet wet
- Do not use indoor furniture near the spa
- Spa capacity 4 persons
- Maximum suggested use is 20 minutes
- For the respect of our customers, please do not spill any body fluid into de spa (urine, spit, blood, sperm, etc.)
- Maximum water temperature should not exceed 104°f
- Turn off jets after use
- Do not sit or lie on spa cover
Please note that excessive or inappropriate use of the spa may result in a charge of $350.00 plus taxes for changing the water and for additional cleaning.
Your HOM is equipped with a Smart TV.
You require your own personal account in order to access movies, Netflix, etc.
Please note: there are no TV stations available.
Important: Be sure to LOG OUT of your personal accounts (eg. Netflix, Apple, YouTube, etc.) upon leaving.
HOM cannot be held responsible for any costs/expenses incurred during or after your stay, should you fail to log out.
Insects and rodents
Please be aware that you are staying in the woods. Although we check our cottages on a regular basis, it is likely that you will see insects or rodents during your stay. We cannot be held responsible if you see insects or rodents in your cottage during your stay. Please make sure to keep the doors closed at all times to avoid visiting small intruders during your stay.
Damage and insurance
You are personally responsible for anything you damage. Contact us as soon as possible to declare it. You are also responsible for your personal belongings.
In case of personal injury, you should always contact your own insurance company. HOM cannot be held responsible but are available if you need help.
We reserve the right to charge your credit card for any damages or excessive cleaning, soiled dishes left in sink, cottage content in disarray from your stay. If you notice any problems upon checking in, please let us know right away to avoid any damages being charged to your account.
All appliances, ustensils, and disches are supplid. Any missing items will be charged to guest.
In case of unforeseen events out of our control (including those caused by Mother Nature), HOM will be provided to locate a similar rental property in the area. HOM will not be held responsible or liable for any further obligations arising from this event.
No responsibility can be accepted by HOM for any event resulting in death, injury, loss of personal effects, or damage whatsoever to the renter.
In case of an uncontrollable situation (power failure, spa malfunction, Internet interruption, water shortage, sewers failure, phot interruption, etc.), no refund will be processed. Please note that our cottage do not have generator.
Your verbal authorization at time of reservation, making an online reservation, payment of money and/or taking possession of the property is evidence of your acceptance of our policies and your intent to use the property as a rental.
RESERVATIONS, CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS
All of our rates are based on a maximum of 4 persons occupancy.
Please limit the number of guests ot the maximum occupancy of the cottage and to the number of paid guests included in your reservation. All persons, including children, are counted toward the maximum occupancy of a cottage.
A full payment via credit card is required at the time of booking to guarantee the cottage.
A pre-authorization deposit of 400$ per cottage is required upon arrival. HOM personnel before your arrival and after your departure will make an inspection.
Full refund for cancellations made within 48 hours of booking, if the arrival date is 14 days or more. 50% refund for cancellations made at least 7 days before arrival date. No refund for cancellations made within 7 days of arrival date.
In the case of a no-show, in the absence of a written message from the renter specifying that they require changing the dates of their arrival, the cottage will be considered available and unoccupied 24 hours after the intended arrival date.
We reserve the right to change rules and policies, as needed.
We wish to thank you in advance for your cooperation and understanding. Enjoy your stay at HOM mini cottage!